Sunday, February 1, 2015

I'm at it again. Load 215! Day 1 is in the pocket

It's finally here! I love doing these Layout a Day Challenges and the last one was in May of 2014. Too long ago! Not that I didn't have a million things to do already but still, this so so much fun to do and so satisfying. 

The general theme of this LOAD challenge is Books and Stories of your Chlidhood and today's prompt was 'Which character did you relate to or imagine you were?'  For me it turned out to be two red heads (I only just realized this:-):  Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery and Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren.

Today I am taking it relatively easy with a digital layout. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather from being ill and had a late night last night. But I am very happy with how this worked out.




My childhood heroins were Anne of Green Gables and Pippi Longstocking. Their goodness and sense of right and wrong was so inspiring to me. Despite being  deemed unruly and uncivilized by the 'proper' people they would still always do what is right and always climb back up after falling flat on their face time and time again. That still inspires me:-)
I used a Simple Scrapper Digital Template and most elements came from Melissa Bennett's Oh Boy Kit from Sweet Shoppe. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I always loved Anne of Green Gables, too. I can remember wishing that I was a red-head with freckles for most of my younger years!! She was always such a feisty and smart inspiration! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete