Tuesday, February 16, 2016

LOAD16: About an adventure...

Today scraplifted a Cathy Zielske layout to tell about something a bit scary that happened this Sunday:



I had been to the supermarket with my 6 yo son and when we left the store I realized I had lost an earring. So I said to my son that I would go back in to look for it. He was standing outside with his bike. When I got out he was nowhere to be seen....and it was dark! I was not immediately frightened but did think that losing and earring was one thing but loosing a child was a whole nother thing!

When he wasn't in the store or close by I phoned to our home where my husband was. Wondering if Thomas may have gone home. I couldn't imagine it as he has never done that alone and it was dark. But apparently he had because he was just coming in through the door (at which point my husband had to hang up because the little man broke down and cried of course). So my brave 6 year old had cycled himself home without getting hit by any other traffic, had then carried his own bike up 5 steps, rang the doorbell (twice because my husband hadn't immediately answered), then managed to get his bike inside through a very heave front door and another inside door and got in the elevator to the 2nd floor! I am amazed...and ever so slightly freaked out because he obviously thought that I had just left him at the grocery store which I never have and never would do.....

The journalling on here is done by my son, I thought it would be good to write this in his own words as it is going into his album...I might do another layout for myself to get to grips with this adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment