Sunday, February 14, 2016

Still Going Strong!

It's Day 13 and I am still going strong. I may not have posted here every day but I have been doing a layout a day. Sometimes a Pocket Page (or two), sometimes a 12 x 12 and sometimes a digital layout like this one for Day 10.

As I was cycling home with my son through pouring rain I realized that this cycling thing we do in Amsterdam might be a good topic to scrap this LOAD so I decided to kind of document the evolution of Thomas's modes of transporation from pram to riding his own bike:



Journalling reads: 
Raising a kid in Amsterdam means you need to be creative with the wheels. Cars are just not that practical to get aroun city in and parking is always a pain. So you try to work out the easiest way to get kiddo and everything that comes with them plus some groceries:-) from A to B. In the first few months you really need the pram so it was walking or tramming it. But then when muncher could sit we got a “bakfiets”,very popular in Amsterdam. Not so popular with my back so I was happy when we could put T on the front of my trusty Batavus and later on he went on the back. Nowadays ( he’s 6) he gets to cycle in front of me. We both love it except when it rains...but we suit up and just get going! Amsterdam February 2016

Digital template from Simple Scrapper.



And today I also did a paper layout about one of my favourite places (the topic was landmark): It HAD to be about one of my favourite places to visit: Glastonbury Tor: a manmade "hill" with a tower on top of it. Glastonbury is a special place for many different religions and it draws seekers from all over the globe to the Tor. We try to go to Glastonbury every time we visit my Mother in Law. It is a bit of a hike but always worth it: the views, the energy, all that space and the wind blowing all the cobwebs out of my head. Just love it!

This is one of the few times I actually cut in a photo, I cut all the sky out of the picture so you get to see the sprayed sunburst.



I had already documented another landmark last week. One much closer to home:



Do you notice a colour theme here? I can't help it but I really seem to gravitate towards the yellow-blue colour scheme in many of my layouts. Different shades of it but still.

Do you have a favourite/often used colour scheme? Or one you never use? I am not that big on the vintagy browns for my scrapbooks. Or black and white for that matter. Although I do love those for card making.

No comments:

Post a Comment