Wednesday, May 14, 2014

LOAD 14: Braces

Today's prompt was 'Sick Day' and I was going to scrap about a stay in the hospital while I was little. But while looking for some memorabilia ( I knew there wouldn't be a picture of it but I do have the admissions letter) I came across some receipts for all the orthodontic work that had been done on my teeth. And I knew there were a few pictures of me anxiously keeping my mouth closed when pictures were taken because of those aweful braces!




At least four yearsI have had to wear braces, 4 permanent molers were removed tocreate room in mu very small jaw and also one milk tooth got pulled at the same time to make sure the permanent one would be there with the braces. All in the space of 2 weeks. I had a mouth with 4 gaping holes in it when I ws about 10 years old. Now all this was peanuts compared to the years before this when I needed to where this 'cap' and mouth piece to get my top and bottom jaw aligned, they were 11 cm's apart. I felt so embarassed and ugly with a cap over the back of my head and a gigantic piece of plastic in my mouth so I could hardly speak. And every two weeks or so my horribly strict orthodontist would tighten it up a bit. Which meant a lot of pain as my teeth and jaw adjusted. Luckily after the worst was over I only had to wear it at night and not at school anyore.
Now I am very happy I had it done, my teeth look great and I smile all the time. But then I felt pretty sorry for myself.

I made the title and cute 'smile with braces' with my Silhouette. I decided to make some room on my desk to put my Silhouette. It was kind of hidden so I didn't use it much. Which is a shame because it's a great machine!

Have you scrapped any health stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment