Tuesday, May 20, 2014

More time travel: LOAD 16-19

This has to be the year I look back and move forward. I took a great course earlier this year called Before your story' by Jennifer Wilson of Simple Scrapper. She has a great approach to making one book about the time before you became a mom. Which is often when people get into scrapping and then it is all about your kid(s). I have still to get properly going on the course but I thought I would use this LOAD to make a bunch of layouts that suit that album.

I already have a lovely album I got at HEMA and bought a paper pack to match: Elegance by Kaiserkraft so I try to use a similar colour palette on these pages but found that it lacked a bit of punch so I added a pinky red to the palette to give it some POP.

Day 16's prompt was about the 'TIME OUT' or disiplining. I was uncomfortable writing just about disciplining kids. It seemed to be only one side of a story. The story about why we have to set boundaries, why we say no and why we need to put kids in time-out to give them a chance to think. It's one tool if you will to use in the grand project of raising our children. It's not the whole story. So I decided to write a letter to my almost 5 yo son (to read when he is a bit older I suppose) to tell him why we sometimes need to tell him no or put him in time-out. What we aim for as we are raising him. And also that it isn't easy, that we might not have had the best examples ourselves, And neither did our parents. But that we are trying to take our responsibility to raise him as a happy, healthy, responsible and self-reliant young man. And that means we need to tell him no sometimes;-) Let's hope he appriciates it!

 

Day 17: The influence of television while you were younger. I did a digi page this time so that I could easily use a whole bunch of pictures I got from Google. Goodness me people. It still took me hours to get this layout done. Even though the main design (all the clustered stars) is a template by Cindy Schneider. Just so tired when I got home from work. But I got it done and this is really is a rather important moment to document. Because for me English (or rather American) spoken tv programs in my early teens have really helped me learn English. I think I am susceptible for languages anyway but it does need some inspiration and stimulation. And for me it was cartoons like Inspector Gadget, Tranformers, Care Bears and Jem!



Day 18: The prompt was about the dentist. Since I had already covered the braces issue on Day 14 I decided to finish a layout I had done some work for a while ago. The background of this layout is a piece of one of my favorite shirts I ever owned. I got it at least 5 years ago but last year little holes started appearing in it. I love it so I would wear it anyway, but April of this year the holes had really become too big so it had to go. I decided to cut a hole-free bit out and iron-ed it onto some cardstock with Bondaweb with the idea of making a layout with it and today I finally got around to doing it. I had to search the backup drive for some pictures of me wearing and then had the Silhouette cut the black mat with faux stich marks. Finished up with some white journalling around the edges.


Day 19: What did you want to be when you grew up. Very excited about this prompt. And as it turned out, very enlightening too. When I started pulling pictures of the web of careers I had dreamed of when I was young I couldn't help notice they all wear a lovely uniform/suit! I made this while listening to Lain on Creative Life and used one of the sketches in her handout. Came together in no time!



No comments:

Post a Comment