Wednesday, May 14, 2014

LOAD 4, 8-13 Catching up on the blogging

We have had a lovely holiday in England and I feel truly relaxed. So now that we have been back, unpacked and Thomas is in school again I have some time to upload the missing layouts....YES, I did keep making a layout each day last week. And I am still going strong: 14 out of 14 so far;-) But Mobile Internet abroad turned out to be a bit of a pain so I limited myself to uploading my layout to the LOAD gallery and not blogging.  But here's what you've missed out on;-)

Day 4, this got stuck in cyberspace somewhere. I had made blog post on my mobile and tried uploading while on the ferry but we had left the port before it went and it was then (insert french accent here) 'untouchable'. I have not been able to re-publish it or even delete it from my phone...very annoying!  Anyway, I made the page, it's another one in the USA album. Used some real washi tape to match the faux washi on the SN@P journalling card. As this is a traditional paper photo album I keep the layouts simple with as few layers as possible or the whole thing will just become too thick:-)



LOAD Day 8: Finally onto the next day in our USA album! This day we went to Ashland, VA to check out the trains. American trains are much bigger, longer and way shinier than their Dutch counterparts. Thomas loved it but was somewhat disappoint he couldn't get onto it. Luckily there was the model train shop to cheer him up again.


LOAD Day 9: Still in Ashland, we also went to a curious supermarket called Cross Brothers. Where they have not really tidied or thrown anything away for the last 100 years it seems: old tills, bills, 70's freezers and scrap books in between the long life milk....


LOAD Day 10: We rounded our trip to Ashland off with a bit of play. My friend's mom, Millie has secured Thomas everlasting love for going down the slides with him.


LOAD Day 11: As we were now back from England I could follow the prompts again. Today's was 'Puppy Love. I used a picture of Thomas laying with a lovely dog that somebody walks near our home, I think it's a Cocker Spaniel and I like it. Now this is a BIG THING, I have always been afraid of dogs and even now that I have become more comfortable around them I could never have imagined liking a dog and thinking 'I could have a dog like that...' I don't see it happening any time soon but for that thought to even pop into my head...milestone! And for Thomas to be so comfortable around dogs is a relief to me, I have really tried NOT to pass on my fear of dogs and I seem to have succeeded..GO ME!


LOAD DAY 12: Seeds for the future. I love this layout. I have combined black and white pictures of me when I was a baby, scurrying around at my grandfather's nursery and colour pictures of Thomas at our allotment and bacony. I am (unsuccesfully) trying to instill in him the same love for plants that my mom and grandfather before me had....but all he wants to do is explore and make a big muddy mess:-)


LOAD Day 13: Today's prompt was Best of the Best. I didn't feel it and couldn't think of anything. So I did another page in the USA album. I started this at 11 PM and had a hard time putting it together, it had been a long day with me teaching a stamp carving class in the evening. So not too great but another page done!




No comments:

Post a Comment