Friday, May 2, 2014

LOAD 2 - quicky calendar layout

Today's prompt was 'If these walls could talk'. The idea being you'd talk about your room from your childhood or student dorm. I think I'll keep those stories under wraps for a while longer;-)

I went off-prompt to do a quick calendar layout for my parents. For the last three years I have given them and my mother in law an empty calendar for Christmas and then send them a new layout about their grandson each month. I am running a little bit behind but that's okay.

The layout is about my son's end-of-theme parade. The whole school had learned about Brasil for six weeks and it was finished off with a carnaval parade around the neighbourhood including drummers and Brasilian dancers. It was really great but Thomas was very overwhelmed by all the noise and people. Luckily a teacher noticed and made sure he was walking with some kids he knew. That's when he gave me this radiant smile!

1 comment: